New Data for Decision-Making eCourse Launched
The HRH GRC has launched a new eLearning course to build the capacity of health facility leaders and mangers to use existing health workforce data and information systems for decision-making and human resources management and support.
The course, called Human Resources Data for Decision-Making, can be found on the GRC’s eLearning portal: http://www.hrhresourcecenter.org/elearning/
This free online course was developed by the USAID-funded CapacityPlus project through IntraHealth International and IMA World Health support.
The goal of the course is to build capacity to use health workforce data and information systems for decision-making.
The course targets:
- Leaders and managers of health systems at all levels
- Human resources for health department staff
- Personnel involved with managing, supervising, or planning the health workforce
- Those working with human resources information systems (HRIS).
In addition, the course is intended to build data clerks’ understanding of their role in ensuring that data inputted into information systems are timely and correct. Because this course is designed as an in-service training, some background in health management or data entry for an HRIS is helpful but not required.
The GRC’s eLearning Moodle platform has been designed to work best in low-bandwidth Internet environments. Because of this, the course contains very few photos or other images or much bandwidth-dependent functionality.
For more information, contact the GRC staff: http://www.hrhresourcecenter.org/contact_us
- Meeting the Information Needs of Researchers and Users of Health Research
- e-Forum Organized to Discuss Impact of Access to Information
- Maternal & Childhealth Advocacy International offering two free manuals on maternal health
For other events related to HRH and global health, see the IntraHealth International Events page.