Resource Spotlight: Human Resources for Health (HRH) Basics
HRH involves a complex and interconnected set of issues related to the health workforce. HRH issues have no simple solutions; resolving them requires a coordinated response from a variety of stakeholders representing all levels of the healthcare system and even beyond. This course discusses some common HRH issues and explores possible actions that can be taken to address them. By the end of the course, participants should be able to: describe the global HRH situation and promising practices; and identify documents, organizations and other resources that address HRH issues. [from author]
View this resource.
The HRH Global Resource Center has other resources on this topic including:
- Human Resources for Health: Overview
- Addressing Africa's Health Workforce Crisis
- Scaling Up the Stock of Health Workers: a Review
For additional resources on this topic, visit the HRH Overview subject category.
Past Resource Spotlights
- Human Resources for Health: Tackling the Human Resource Management Piece of the Puzzle
- Managing Human Resources for Health Online Course
- African Christian Health Associations: Joining Forces for Improving Human Resources for Health