Resource Spotlight: Role of Leadership in HRH Development in Challenging Public Health Settings
As part of the special feature on leadership and human resources (HR), Management Sciences for Health profiles three leaders who have made a significance difference in the HR situation in their countries. By taking a comprehensive approach and working in partnership with stakeholders, these leaders demonstrate that strengthening health workforce planning, management, and training can have a positive effect on the performance of the health sector.
Three profiles are presented from Afghanistan with Dr. Bashir Noormal, South Africa with Percy Mahlathi, and Southern Sudan with Dr. Monywiir Arop Kuol, revealing common approaches and leadership traits while demonstrating the specificity of local contexts. [abstract]
View this resource.
The HRH Global Resource Center has other resources on this topic including:
- Human Relations: Building Leadership in Southern Sudan's Health Sector
- Growing Management and Leadership for Health in Aswan, Egypt
- Towards Better Leadership and Management in Health Working Paper: Report on an International Consultation on Strengthening Leadership and Management in Low-Income Countries
For additional resources on this topic, visit the Leadership subject category.
Past Resource Spotlights
- Gender and Health Workforce Statistics
- Incentives for Retaining and Motivating Health Workers in Pacific and Asian Countries
- Guidelines for Practitioners of Community-Based Worker Systems